AND PLAN TO JOIN US AGAIN ON MARCH 24-25, 2017.
ALSO NEW--Share-the-Lane T-shirts and Bicycle Earrings are now for sale on-line. No need to wait until next year to get them! To order, go to www.teampuntagorda.org/team-punta-gorda-store/.
New for 2016
Pedal and Play will be a TWO DAY event!! Here's an overview of the events for each day. More information is on the Event Details page.
Friday April 1, 2016
- Pre check-in
- City Manager's "Here and There" Ride
- Lighted ride to Ponce de Leon Park
- Sunset Yoga in the Park
- Wine and Cheese Tasting at the Turtle Club
- Special Guest appearance at Ponce de Leon Park
Saturday April 2, 2016
- 62, 30, and 15-mile bike rides
- 10-mile Mystery Tour
- Lunch and FREE beer
- Music and fun activities
Stick around Sunday for another event--the Taste of Punta Gorda happening in the same Laishley Park area.
Other 2016 Highlights
• Fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can ride for fun and also for a purpose. Small donations from many people like you and those who would sponsor you add up and make a real difference. For those who like a challenge, a 2016 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey will be given to anyone who fundraises $500 or more. See our Register and Fundraise page for details.
• New design and colors for the 2016 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey. You don’t have to register or ride to purchase a jersey, but we hope you do! See the Gear to Buy page for details.
• Fat Point Brewing, http://fatpoint.com, Punta Gorda’s craft brewery will provide our FREE BEER during lunch plus a FREE SAMPLER at their tasting room after the ride.
• Techwick® type Pedal and Play T-shirt available. A free cotton T-shirt will be provided as part of your registration fee, but for $22, you can opt for a cool Techwick® type material T-shirt with the same design as the cotton tee. For either type of shirt, you must register by March 20, 2016 to be assured of availability and getting the material, gender, and size you want.
• Photo Spot. We’ll have a photo spot to take a picture of you and your friends to remember the days and the good times you had. Go to our Facebook page to see the 2015 Photo Spot shots, as well as other great photos of past Pedal and Play events.
• Vendors available. Several vendors will be set up in the registration/lunch area. They will be offering merchandise, information, and even some free items (including free helmets from the Punta Gorda Police Department). Be sure to check out the list of this years' vendors and their websites on our Vendors page.
• The More the Merrier. Help us promote this fun event. Click on the 2016 flyer to print and share; e-mail it to family and friends; or post it on your Facebook page. We're always happy to see new faces.
• Brand New Mystery Ride Last year's ride was a Who-Dun-It to find the culprit that put the hit on a local celebrity, Ponce de Leon. In 2016, our Mystery Master has come up with an entirely new mystery to solve. The Mystery Ride, sponsored by Fat Point Brewing will be about 10 miles and involves The Secrets of Solana. Watch the introduction and instruction videos below and good luck solving the mystery!
Things to Remember:
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL RIDES
- The event will take place rain or shine.
Our special thanks in advance to our local law enforcement and fire fighting agencies for helping make Pedal and Play a fun and safe event.
- City of Punta Gorda Police Department
- City of Punta Gorda Fire Department
- Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office
Thank You Sponsors
Our 2016 sponsors are identified here and on our Sponsor Page under the About Us tab. Click on a sponsor's logo to reach its website. Go to our Sponsors page for links to all the sponsors listed here.
City of Punta Gorda Peace River Distributing Therapeutic Wellness Center Fat Point Brewing Yoga Sanctuary Bicycle Center Joshua Citrus Rapid Graphics 7-11 Scoops and Bites Ice Cream EverythingPuntaGorda.com Ice House Shorty’s Celtic Ray