AND PLAN TO JOIN US AGAIN ON MARCH 24-25, 2017.
ALSO NEW--Share-the-Lane T-shirts and Bicycle Earrings are now for sale on-line. No need to wait until next year to get them! To order, go to www.teampuntagorda.org/team-punta-gorda-store/.
General details are here on the website, but please bear with us on the blanks for now--we are just getting started on putting together a great event for 2017. We will be adding details as soon as they are available.
Plans for 2017 include:
Pedal and Play will again be a TWO DAY event!! Here's an overview of the events for each day. More information will be on the Event Details page.
Friday March 24, 2017
- Pre check-in
- City Manager's "Here and There" Ride
- Sunset Tiki Party (details will be added as we firm up our plans)
Saturday March 25, 2017
- 62, 30, and 15-mile bike rides
- 10-mile Mystery Tour
- Lunch and FREE beer
- Music and fun activities
Stick around Sunday for another event--the Taste of Punta Gorda happening in the same Laishley Park area.
Other 2017 Highlights
• Fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can ride for fun and also for a purpose. Small donations from many people like you and those who would sponsor you add up and make a real difference. For those who like a challenge, a 2017 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey will be given to anyone who fundraises $500 or more. See our Register and Fundraise page for details.
• New design and colors for the 2017 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey. You don’t have to register or ride to purchase a jersey, but we hope you do! See the Gear to Buy page for details.
• Techwick® type Pedal and Play T-shirt available. A free cotton T-shirt will be provided as part of your registration fee, but for $22, you can opt for a cool Techwick® type material T-shirt with the same design as the cotton tee. For either type of shirt, you must register early (we'll let you know the date) to be assured of availability and getting the material, gender, and size you want.
• Photo Spot. We’ll have a photo spot to take a picture of you and your friends to remember the days and the good times you had. Go to 2016 Photo Highlights to view our photos from 2016 and also our Facebook page to see the 2015 Photo Spot shots, as well as other great photos of past Pedal and Play events.
• Vendors available. Several vendors will be set up in the registration/lunch area. They will be offering merchandise, information, and even some free items. Be sure to check out the list of this years' vendors and their websites on our Vendors page.
• The More the Merrier. Help us promote this fun event. Later we will have the 2017 flyer available here to print and share; e-mail it to family and friends; or post it on your Facebook page. We're always happy to see new faces.
• Brand New Mystery Ride In 2017, our new Mystery Master has come up with an entirely new mystery to solve. Watch for the videos coming later to get you geared up to solve the puzzle.
Things to Remember:
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL RIDES
- The event will take place rain or shine.
Our special thanks in advance to our local law enforcement and fire fighting agencies for helping make Pedal and Play a fun and safe event.
- City of Punta Gorda Police Department
- City of Punta Gorda Fire Department
- Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office
Thank You Sponsors
As our 2017 sponsors are identified, they will be listed here and on our Sponsors Page under the About Us tab. Click on a sponsor's logo to reach its website.