The 2017 Pedal and Play Event
Pedal and Play will again be a TWO DAY event!! Here's an overview of the events for each day. More information will be on the Event Details page.
Friday March 24, 2017
- Check-in and Packet Pickup
- City Manager's "Here and There" Ride
- Tiki Party with free appetizers, games, and sunset yoga
Saturday March 25, 2017
- 62, 30, and 15-mile bike rides
- 10-mile Mystery Tour
- Lunch and FREE beer
- Music and fun activities
Stick around on Sunday, March 26th for another event--the Taste of Punta Gorda happening in the same Laishley Park area.
Other 2017 Highlights
• Fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can ride for fun and also for a purpose. Your registration helps fund LLS, but you can also fundraise by getting others to sponsor your ride. For those who like a challenge, a 2017 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey will be given to anyone who fundraises $500 or more. See our Register and Fundraise page for details.
• Additional Rest Stop on the 62-mile Route. It was a long way between the first and second rest stops on the 62-mile route, so we have added a third about half way. Enjoy the rest!
• New design and colors for the 2017 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey. You don’t have to register or ride to purchase a jersey, but we hope you do! See the Gear to Buy page for details.
• Techwick® type Pedal and Play T-shirt available. A free cotton T-shirt will be provided as part of your registration fee, but for $22, you can opt for a cool Techwick® type material T-shirt with the same design as the cotton tee. For either type of shirt, you must register by March 12, 2017. We will attempt to have a few extras for those registering after that date, but we cannot guarantee availability or that we'll have your preferred size, gender, and/or material.
• Brand New Mystery Ride. Our new Mystery Master has come up with an entirely new mystery to solve. Here's the scoop. First the ride is explained and then the explanation is explained. Good luck!
• Photo Spot. We’ll have a photo spot to take a picture of you and your friends to remember the days and the good times you had. Go to 2016 Photo Highlights to view our photos from 2016 and also our Facebook page to see the 2015 Photo Spot shots, as well as other great photos of past Pedal and Play events.
• Free Beer. FREE Fat Point Brewing beer will be provided during lunch.
• Free Ice Cream. Harborwalk Scoops and Bites, voted the best ice cream shop in America on TripAdvisor.com will once again share their award winning ice cream with Pedal and Play participants.
• Free Massages. The Wellness Center will again have several massage stations.
• The More the Merrier. Help us promote this fun event. Click on the flyer to downloading for printing; e-mailing it to family and friends; or posting it on your social media pages. We're always happy to see new faces.
Things to Remember:
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL RIDES
- Waivers must be signed in order to ride
- The event will take place rain or shine
Our special thanks in advance to our local law enforcement and fire fighting agencies (City of Punta Gorda Police and Fire Departments and Charlotte County Sheriff's Office) for helping make Pedal and Play a fun and safe event.
Thank You Sponsors
As our 2017 sponsors are identified, they will be listed here and on our Sponsors Page under the About Us tab. Want to see your name and/or logo here? We would love to add new sponsors and donors to this fun and charitable event. We also have space for vendors at the event site. Contact us at email@example.com for details.