We had a great time at Pedal and Play 2017! When it gets closer to Pedal and Play 2018, we will be updating the website with new information. In the meantime, enjoy the 2017 videos of Friday and Saturday events and the hundreds of photos at 2017 Pedal and Play Photos then come back here for the details.
Looking Back at the 2017 Pedal and Play Event
Pedal and Play was again a TWO DAY event!! Here's an overview of the events for each day. More information is on the Event Details page.
Friday March 24, 2017
- Check-in and Packet Pickup
- City Manager's "Here and There" Ride
- Tiki Party with free appetizers, sunset yoga, and a surprise (which turned out to be a bagpipe band flash mob)
Saturday March 25, 2017
- 62, 30, and 15-mile bike rides
- 10-mile Mystery Tour
- Lunch and FREE beer
- Music and fun activities
Many riders stayed on Sunday, March 26th for another great event--the Taste of Punta Gorda which happened in the same Laishley Park area.
Other 2017 Highlights
• Fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). Everyone rode for fun and also for a purpose. Their registration helped fund LLS, but several also raised funds by getting others to sponsor their ride. A 2017 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey was offered to anyone who raised $500 or more. Two generous people met that challenge and received free jerseys. Together they raised over $2,000. See our Register and Fundraise page for details on the offer.
• Additional Rest Stop on the 62-mile Route. It was a long way between the first and second rest stops on the 62-mile route, so a third rest stop was added about half way.
• New design and colors for the 2017 Limited Edition Pedal and Play Jersey. A bright design was offered by BeSpokeKit and it is still available for order. See the Gear to Buy page for details.
• Techwick® type Pedal and Play T-shirt available. A free cotton T-shirt was provided as part of the registration fee, but for $22, riders could opt for a cool Techwick® type material T-shirt with the same design as the cotton tee. We had a cutoff date of March 12th to guarantee the t-shirt, but we had extras ordered and everyone got their shirt. We even have a few left for sale ($5 for cotton and $10 for the tech-wick).
• Brand New Mystery Ride. Our new Mystery Master came up with an entirely new mystery to solve that involved the Fountain of Youth.
• Photo Spot. We had a photo spot and took over 600 photos of the riders and events. Go to 2017 Pedal and Play Photos to see them. You can also go to 2016 Highlights to view our summary and photos from 2016. You can also get lots of information and photos back to 2015 on our Facebook page.
• Free Beer. FREE Fat Point Brewing beer was provided during lunch.
• Free Ice Cream. Harborwalk Scoops and Bites, voted the best ice cream shop in America on TripAdvisor.com once again shared their award winning ice cream with Pedal and Play participants.
• Free Massages. The Wellness Center gave FREE massages.
• The More the Merrier. Many helped us promote this fun event by downloading the for printing; e-mailing it to family and friends; and posting social media pages. We were happy to see new faces as well as old friends.
Things to Remember:
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL RIDES
- Waivers must be signed in order to ride
- The event takes place rain or shine
Our special thanks goes to our local law enforcement and fire fighting agencies (City of Punta Gorda Police and Fire Departments and Charlotte County Sheriff's Office) for helping make Pedal and Play a fun and safe event.
Thank You Sponsors
Our 2017 sponsors are here and on our Sponsors Page under the About Us tab. Want to see your name and/or logo here in 2018? We would love to add new sponsors and donors to this fun and charitable event.